• Critical Access Hospitals (CAH) are challenged to provide high quality care to populations in underserved areas
• Resources necessary for the deliv ery of effective, quality care are limited within CAHs.
• Multifaceted barriers and challenges to quality care in CAHs are evident.
• Quality managers require evidence based tools to coordinate quality care in their organizations.
• The Illinois Critical Access Hospital Network (ICAHN) serves a resource for quality managers.
• The purpose of the project was to devise a sustainable, evidence based resource for quality managers throughout ICAHN affiliated facilities.
• A needs assessment was completed , and a gap analysis was then performed based on the needs assessment.
• Based on the findings of the gap analysis and feedback from ICAHN affiliated quality managers , a comprehensive quality management resource manual was developed.
• The central purpose of the quality management resource manual involve d empowering CAH quality managers with evidence based tools to effectively administer quality programming in their organizations
• A follow up survey was provided to gain insight as to the usefulness of the manual and to determine if the affiliates would request further manuals.
• The final aim of the project was to design a process to update and sustain the quality management resource manual.
|Commitee:||Rennegarbe, Richelle, Charlet, Angela|
|Department:||School of Nursing and Health Professions|
|School Location:||United States -- Illinois|
|Source:||DAI-B 81/5(E), Dissertation Abstracts International|
|Subjects:||Nursing, Health care management|
|Keywords:||Adult learning, Critical access hospital, Healthcare quality, Hospital quality, Quality management|
Copyright in each Dissertation and Thesis is retained by the author. All Rights Reserved
The supplemental file or files you are about to download were provided to ProQuest by the author as part of a
dissertation or thesis. The supplemental files are provided "AS IS" without warranty. ProQuest is not responsible for the
content, format or impact on the supplemental file(s) on our system. in some cases, the file type may be unknown or
may be a .exe file. We recommend caution as you open such files.
Copyright of the original materials contained in the supplemental file is retained by the author and your access to the
supplemental files is subject to the ProQuest Terms and Conditions of use.
Depending on the size of the file(s) you are downloading, the system may take some time to download them. Please be